Friday, May 18, 2012

Meal Plan: 18 - 25 May

Friday: Chicken Burgers & Chips
Saturday: Enchiladas
Sunday: Creamy Tomato Pasta Bake
Monday: Nachos
Tuesday: Chicken Tikka Masala
Wednesday: Spaghetti & Garlic Bread
Thursday: Chili

This week is a little different because it's Jack's birthday on Monday, so he could pick any meal he wanted, and he picked nachos. And some kind of cheesecake that Karen makes for dessert. The Sunday night meal is also a request from Jack -- not that he particularly wanted to eat it, but he asked if he could make a meal, and I thought that would be a good one for him to do. I haven't decided exactly what it is (I'm just going to kind of make up a recipe for him to follow), but it should be a good opportunity for him to show us the skills he's been learning in cooking class at school.

The tikka masala thing will use up some of the chicken I bought last week, and uses a spice mix that was on sale this week, so it should be a quick and easy sort of thing. I got another spice mix for the chili, so it'll be interesting to see if it's better than the bit-of-this-and-that sort of mix that I usually throw in.

No comments:

Post a Comment