Friday, May 18, 2012

Not Sticking to the Plan

Uh oh. In four days, I've lost 0.1 kg. After the Game Night Pig Out last week, I put on some weight (nearly a half a kilo), and I still haven't taken it back off. In fact, I put on some more. And it's not hard to see why, when I ended up eating some of the cheeseburger soup that I made for the kids on Tuesday, then eating more of it for lunch on Wednesday, then eating two ham and cheese sandwiches after work Wednesday night. By Thursday morning I was up to 154.4 kg, and then I started behaving myself yesterday and this morning I was down to 154.1 kg. I've behaved myself again today, so hopefully the number will drop again tomorrow morning, and by Monday I'll still have managed to lose another kilo and hit my goal of 153.1 kg for this week.

That's not the 1.6 kg loss I was looking for, but I really haven't been putting the effort in, so it'll be no surprise if I don't get there. With Jack's birthday on Monday, I'm going to have fun and enjoy the nachos and cheesecake, and try to make up for it by being careful the rest of the week. Well, except for Friday when he's having friends for a sleep-over and a second party and another cheesecake. But you know, apart from all the cheesecake, I'm going to behave myself.

Then after all that's over, I'm going to try a little experiment. I'm going to put together a meal plan, and stick to it as strictly as possible for a week. Then the next week, I'm going to do the exact same thing again, but add in a daily walk. I want to know if I can see a difference if I add in a little exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment