Monday, June 25, 2012

Weigh-in: 25 June 2012

Today's weight: 151.8 kg (334.7 lbs)
Change: +3.7 kg (8.2 lbs)
Total loss: 43.7 kg (96.3 lbs)


Wow, what a crazy couple of weeks it's been. The bottom line is that I've put on over three-and-a-half kilos (over eight pounds) after a week of being sick and then a week of just eating like a lunatic. That gastro thing took longer to get over than I thought (and at first I thought it must've been something I ate, but now I'm thinking it wasn't because Tom and James ended up sick, too), and then when I did, I went into some sort of psycho feeding frenzy. 


It all came to a head last weekend, when I decided to just go with it, bought a bunch of booze and junk food and had a good old-fashioned alcohol-induced pig-out. Actually, two of them. One on Friday night, then again on Saturday night, and then I got back on the wagon starting on Sunday. 


I was supposed to be down to 145 kg at this point, and at one point last week, I actually had a shot at it. Last Tuesday, I weighed 146.7 kg, but that's when I was feeling the crappiest, hadn't eaten much of anything for a couple of days, and threw up. Once I started getting better, I immediately started putting on weight. Part of it was that I hadn't done the grocery shopping, so I was just eating whatever was around. Part of it was that for a couple of days, I was completely out of control. 


Part of it, I think, is that after something like that, your body tries to make up for the lost weight and nutrition. I can think of several times over the years when I've gotten sick, lost a bunch of weight in the process, and then almost immediately put it back on as soon as I started feeling better. And the other part of it is that once it started, it's easy to go into a feeding frenzy, and hard to pull out of it.


But now I'm back on track, and my plan is to be down to 140 kg in six weeks. That makes my revised goals look like this:


2 July -         148.3 kg
9 July -         146.6 kg
16 July -       145.0 kg
23 July -       143.3 kg
30 July -       141.7 kg
6 August -    140.0 kg


So yeah, a two-week set-back is a bummer. No doubt about it. But I started this 125 weeks ago, so in relation to the bigger picture, two weeks isn't that big of a deal. The key is that I'm back on track and the number will start getting smaller again.  





No comments:

Post a Comment