Monday, July 30, 2012

Weigh-in: 30 July 2012

Today's weight: 154.1 kg (339.7 lbs)
Change: +2.3 kg (5.0 lbs)
Total loss: 41.4 kg (91.3 lbs)

Yeah, things got a little crazy while I was on vacation. I may go back and try to add in some additional weigh-ins, but for now I'm just going to work with where I am now. Looking at the numbers I've got, after my 25 June weigh-in, I dropped down to 148.3 kg (326.9 lbs), then went back up 150.3 kg (331.3 lbs), back down to 149.1 kg (328.7 lbs), then back up to 150.9 kg (332.7 lbs). Then I went up to around 155 kg (eating a LOT of junk food), held there for about a week, then in the last few days of my vacation, I went into an eating and drinking frenzy.

Starting on the Friday (20 July), I drank a bottle of bourbon worth of Old Fashioneds, a bottle of vodka worth of White Russians, and another bottle of vodka worth of Moscow Mules. I ate cheeseburgers, fried chicken, ice cream, potato chips, cookies, brownies and pretty much everything I could get my hands on. I had a great time, but by the next Wednesday morning (25 July), I was up to 160.7 kg (354.3 lbs). Seriously, I had no idea I could load on the kilos so quickly.

The party was over, it was back to work on Wednesday, so I started behaving myself and lost 6.6 kg (14.5 lbs) over the next 5 days. I'm hoping to be back under 150 kg by my weigh-in next week. The main thing I'm doing to make that happen is eating a lot of beef and vegetable stew. I cooked up a big one in the slow cooker on Friday, ate it for dinner every night, and today I made another one that I'll eat for the next couple of days.

Simple reciple:

1 kg (2.2 lbs) of chuck roast
canned tomatoes
vegetable stock
sweet potato
carrots
spinach
chili peppers
potatoes
onions
green peas
corn kernels
balsamic vinegar
Worcestershire sauce
rosemary
thyme


1. combine vegetable stock, canned tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and thyme in slow cooker

2. cut the roast into large pieces, brown in a hot skillet, dump into slow cooker

3. slice onions and cook over low heat until soft and brown, dump into slow cooker

4. cut chili peppers, vegetables into large pieces, dump into slow cooker

5. cook all day or overnight

I'm loving it, but I want to buy some spicier peppers next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment