Sunday, May 13, 2012

Game Night Pig Out

So far, out of two days of meal-planning, I've managed to throw the plan out the window both days. On Friday night, I'd forgotten to defrost the chicken breast, so I had a hamburger steak and a salad. Then on Saturday night, with my defrosted chicken breast ready to go, I couldn't be bothered cooking it and opened a can of chili  and had it with a big salad and a handful of corn chips.

I don't think the hamburger steak was a problem, but earlier in the day, I'd eaten a packet of sugar-free chocolate chip cookies (yeah, I have trouble limiting myself to a four-cookie serving) and I think that could've definitely been a problem. Then yesterday, I ended up fasting all day (totally unplanned), so not only did I go for the quicker option of nuking a bowl of chili, I also ate some corn chips, then after dinner drank a Dr. Pepper while playing Munchkin with the boys. Then I had little "midnight snack" that involved a half a hamburger (left over from Friday, because Tom only eats a half), another handful of corn chips, and some salsa and sour cream.

Given all that, I wasn't surprised when I weighed in this morning and saw that I'd gone UP. That's the first time since around mid-April, and I'm hoping that I can lose it before my Monday weigh-in. Overall, the calorie count was pretty reasonable, but it was a lot of sugar in a very short period of time, so I'm not surprised if my body went a bit nuts. I'm hoping that the weight-gain today was a result of the carb binge last night, and not from the cookies on Friday, because that would mean that I've yet to see the results of the Dr. Pepper/corn chip pig-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment