Monday, May 28, 2012

Weigh-in: 28 May 2012

With two birthday parties, this was always going to be a tough week. After Jack's request of nachos for dinner and Karen's awesome cheesecake on Monday, I gained over a half a kilo. I just couldn't stay away from that cheesecake, eating more of it on Tuesday. But after peaking at 153.8 kg on Tuesday morning, I dropped back down to 152.1 and stalled there for a couple of days, then up to 152.2 on Sunday (after enjoying some of Jack's second birthday cake on Friday night, and again Saturday, and then popcorn with James while watching The Matrix Reloaded with James on Saturday night) before down to 151.6 kg this morning.

That means I managed to meet my goal of losing 1.6 kg this week, but I still missed my weekly goal weight because of my shortfall last week. I need to hit my goal of a 1.7 kg loss this week so that I can break under 150 kg. It's been over a year since I was under 150, and it'll be good to get back on the right side of it.

One thing that helped on Sunday was a nice 5+ km walk with the Best of Canberra Walks Walking Group. I joined the group (through Meetup) a few weeks ago, but this was the first time I've actually done a walk with them. We met at the National Library and walked along the lake shore, under Commonwealth Bridge to Lennox Gardens, then up and around Parliament House and back to the Library. It was a nice walk and I'm going to try to do more with them. Another thing that helped is that I just had bacon and scrambled eggs for lunch, and a sausage link and veggies for dinner. It turns out that staying the hell away from the birthday cake can really help with the whole weight-loss thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment