Monday, June 4, 2012

Weigh-in: 4 June 2012

Today's Weight: 150.0 kg (330.7 lbs)
Change: -1.6 kg (-3.5 lbs)
Total Loss: -45.5 (-100.3 lbs)

Today was the final weigh-in in my six-week plan to lose 10 kg in 6 weeks. On the 23rd of April I weighed 159.7 kg and 6 weeks later I weigh 150. For the last two weeks, I've been 100 grams over my goal weight, and I did it again this week. I hoped to get down to 149.9 kg, but ended up at 150 instead. I've maintained an average weekly weight-loss of 1.6 kg (3.5 lbs), so I'm going to call this a win, but it would've been nice, at least symbolically, to be under 150 today.

An interesting thing about my weight this week is that I was 150.0 kg yesterday, after three days of steady losses. 300 grams on Sunday, 400 grams on Saturday, and 600 grams on Friday. But today, nothing. Zero weight loss. And the only thing I did differently yesterday was that I had a small serving of pasta with dinner. Not a lot. Just a small serving to go with my chicken and mixed vegetables. But apparently that was enough to stop me from continuing to lose an average of 430 grams (0.94 lbs) a day.

Anyway, I'm very happy to be back down to 150 kg. It's been at least a year, and now I'm on track to get down to 140 kg in another six weeks. I don't know how long it's been since I've been there, but I know that on February 4, 2007 I was at 138.9 kg. 2007! That's five freaking years ago.

A few things I've learned over the past six weeks is that it really doesn't take a lot of carbs to put me into a stall, and that when it happens, it's important to get back on track and move on. Even with a couple of stalled days, it's still possible to hit my weekly goal, so I have to avoid the urge to tell myself that I've already blown it.

No comments:

Post a Comment