Saturday, June 29, 2013

After Much Gluttonous Debauchery, Soup

According to The Plan, I should be down to 145 kg in 4 days. That ain't gonna happen. I'm at 149.8. That's more than I weighed 3 weeks ago. I haven't been doing very well the last couple of weeks. It started, I guess, the weekend after my last post. I was at 149.5 on that Friday, but my Monday I was up to 154.2. Then I got back down to 150.6 by the next Friday (June 14), only to be back up to 153.8 a week later. Then I finished work and enjoyed a weekend of gluttonous debauchery and peaked at 155.3 on Tuesday, the 25th.

Most of that time, I wasn't eating all that badly. It was the drinking, I think, that caused everything to come undone. About three months ago, I started stocking up on liquor, and now I've got a nice little collection. Which is all very nice, and makes for some nice Saturday Treat Days, but the thing is, I was starting to have a couple (or, you know, five) drinks every night.

So on the Monday after I finished work (the 25th), I went a bit hardcore. No booze. No sugar-free lollies. No low-carb snack bars. No sugar-free cola. I made up a big vegetable soup, and I've been eating the soup, meat, and eggs. And that's pretty much it. The only thing I'm drinking is water and coffee.

I'm skipping Treat Day today, and sticking with the soup for the next week. It won't get me to 145 by Wednesday, but I'm hoping it'll help me get back on track so that I can hit 140 by the 24th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment