Friday, June 7, 2013

The Plan - Week 3: Small Change, Good Result

My goal for this week was 151.7. The change mentioned in the title is that I've decided to switch my official weekly weigh-in day from Monday to Wednesday. I think it more accurately reflects what's happening during the whole week. Although this Wednesday I had a fairly weird number (a 2.6 kg drop from Tuesday, followed by a 2.1 kg rise on Thursday), so I'm not sure I want to use it as my official number. If I take an average from the Tuesday and Thursday numbers, that puts me right on track at 151.7 kg, so I think I'm going to go with that.

If I do, this is how my numbers look so far for the three weeks:

Week 1 - Goal: 155.0  Actual: 154.5
Week 2 - Goal: 153.3  Actual: 155.1
Week 3 - Goal: 151.7  Actual: 151.7

My goal for next week is 150.0 and according to this morning's weigh-in, I'm already under that. If that's accurate (and given the bouncing around my number's have been doing the last few days, I'm not entirely confident that it is), and if I lose more weight between today and next Wednesday, I might move my goals forward a week.

Since my new weekly weigh-in day is Wednesday, that meant I'm trying to hit my final goal weight of 140 kg by July 24 instead of July 22. But if my current numbers are accurate, I'll change it to the week before, July 17. That's actually the Wednesday before I go back to work, so I like that. But I'm also aware of the possibility that (1) the numbers I've been getting lately aren't entirely accurate, and (2) The Plan may come undone during the month-long vacation I'm about to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment